Current Students FAQs
- When can I enroll for the next semester?
- How do I set up an advising appointment so I can enroll?
- How do I add or drop in courses in KSIS?
- How do I know what classes to take next semester and what should I do before my advising appointment?
If you are not able to find the answer to a specific issue or question using this FAQ page, e-mail the Art Advisor.
Students can find the exact date/time their enrollment opens up in their kSIS Student Center on the right hand side in a blue box titled Enrollment Dates.
Current Department of Art Students: Schedule an appointment here: SSC Campus.
Interested in becoming an Art Major/Minor: Contact the Art Advisor.
Course changes can be completed via KSIS.
This hold is place prior to the new semesters enrollment time. You must meet with your Advisor every semester to go over your progress before enrollment is allowed for the next semester. The Art Advisor will send out an e-mail each semester with a link to the Advising calendar for appointment scheduling. It is important that you check your K-State email frequently for updates! Your advisor will lift the hold once the appointment has been completed. Schedule an appointment with the Art Advisor HERE.
(*Other HOLDs preventing enrollment: Select "Hold Details" on your KSIS Student Center and contact the associated office.)
- Review the curriculum guidelines and run a Degree Audit Report (DARS) in your KSIS Student Center to see what requirements are left to meet.
- Look at the course schedule for next semester and explore classes that meet your remaining requirements.
- Typically, the schedule posts last week of September (Spring Semester) & the last week of February (Fall Semester).
- Look at the course catalog if you need course descriptions or course prerequisite informaiton.
- Make an appointment with your advisor, come prepared with some course suggestions.
Other Helpful Resources:
Student Advising Responsibilities: What you need to know...
K-State Advising Road Map: Get Prepared!
When is the Portfolio Review?
This is where a student applies to either Graphic Design or Studio Art (tracks are also explored here). This process happens in the spring after completing the Core Foundation Courses; typically this is your 2th semester (spring of freshmen year) in the program.
During Enrollment for Spring, Enroll in ART 298: Portfolio Review via your KSIS Student Center. Ask your advisor if you have questions about the Portfolio Review process!
- Double-check your DARS report to make sure you've completed (or are registered to complete) all of the required courses and credit hours for your major
- Ask for a Grad Check via the Arts and Sciences Dean's Office to make sure you're on track. 107 Calvin Hall / 785-532-6900
- Apply for Graduation via KSIS. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to apply.
- What if I’m late? Don't be late - if you're graduating this semester, apply for graduation and contact your advisor now!