2D/3D Digital Print Lab
Department of Art has a newly established 2D/3D Digital Print Lab where students can output using a variety of devices and materials. The lab is located on Willard Hall's first floor in room 120.
The Labs consists of iMac workstations with Adobe CC software, high-quality ink jet printing for photo and printmaking applications, large format printing for photo and poster printing, laser cutter/engraver's, CNC Router, 3D printing (Form 2 SLA, MakerBot FDM, Type A Machines) and vinyl cutting availability.
- Printing Capability: 8.5" x 11 - 44" roll printing.
- Laser cutter and engraver requires training prior to use and only accepts approved materials.
- CNC router requires training prior to use and only accept certain approved materials. (All printing on this machine must be scheduled through our Lab Manger, Owen Oertling, at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- 3D printing – submit files to Lab Manager, Owen Oertling, at email@example.com one week prior to the pickup date.
|$2.31/sq. ft.||Common Sizes (Price Examples):|
Select Printer Pricing:
|HP M712 (B&W) Laser Printer||$0.10/sheet|
|Ricoh Ceramic Decal Printer(Paper provided by Ceramics Professor)||$7.00/sheet|
*The computer will prompt for payment via the PaperCut Dialog box. Funds from the individuals Cat Cash balance are used. The payment will not be processed if inadequate funds are found.
Specialty Paper Pricing:
|Epson Premium Luster|
Jaquared Fabric 44"
|Form Labs SLA Printers||$5.00 Service Fee|
|Roland GS24 Vinyl Cutter||$2.00 Flat Service Charge + $2.00/sq. ft.|
Art Course Projects
Non-Art Designated Projects
|Universal Laser Cutter/Engraver||$0|
**Paper and services are purchased through the Lab Monitor. Cat Cash is the only form of paymetn accepted via the individual's K-State ID. K-State ID REQUIRED.
|iPad w/3D Scanner||$5.00/Day|
***Equipment rentals are provided through the Lab Manager or Lab Monitors. Cat Cash is the only form of payment accepted via the individual's K-State ID. K-State ID REQUIRED.
****The individual will be shared the full price of a replacement if not returned by the agreed-upon date.
The lab uses the campuses online charging system, known as CatCash. Students, staff and faculty can add funds to their Student or Campus ID's through the Union ID center or KSU Connect. (*Note: These are not the same funds allotted for University printing.) The lab cannot process refunds on any job, but will reprint at no cost for errors due to equipment failure.
Lab Manager Contact Information:
Owen Oertling, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday & Wednesday 8am-7pm
- Tuesday & Thursday 8am-8pm
- Friday 9:30am-4pm
- Sunday Noon-9pm
Lab Technician's Hours:
- Owen Oertling
- Monday-Friday 8am-Noon & 1pm-5pm