K-State Ceramics Residency
K-State Ceramics Residency Program
SPRING 2017: Ashley Jonas
FALL 2016: Kait Arndt
2015-16: Joanna Powell
2014-15: Margaret Haden
2013-14: Kyle Triplett
2012-13: Kyla Toomey
2011-12: A.M. Martens
2010-11: Clay Leonard
Artist in Residence
The Artist in Residence position is an integral part of the ceramics program at K-State. Annually or semiannually it hosts an emerging artist working in new, exciting or thoughtful facets of the ceramic field.
Through artistic research, undergraduate instruction and mentorship, they contribute to a contemporary discourse on the intersections of ceramic art, craft, and design further enriching the learning environment. Successful candidates are committed to an active studio practice and collaborative communal engagement. Candidates with broad and thorough knowledge of ceramics processes, with experience in studio management and innovative pedagogy, will be given additional consideration. In exchange for teaching two classes a semester and ten hours of departmental contribution a week, Artists in Residence are compensated with a private studio space, all firings and in stock studio materials, a solo exhibition of their research and a salary commensurate with experience and education.
Residency Term: August 15 – July 1
Resident Artists are granted approximately a yearlong residency, and are encouraged to apply for a second year.
● Private studio in K-State ceramics area
● Solo exhibition
● All firings and in stock studio materials
● Salary commensurate with experience and education
● 10 hrs per week of departmental service
● Participation in graduate and post baccalaureate critiques
● Occasional demonstrations for undergraduate ceramic courses
● Teaching two ceramics classes per semester
● Must have a Master of Fine Arts degree
Application Deadline: April 15th
All applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com and include the following materials:
● Current resume
● Artist Statement
● List of 2 references with phone numbers and email addresses
● PDF portfolio of 15-20 images of recent work to include title, date, medium, and dimensions for each image (PDF file under 20MB). For video, audio or web based content embed links in the PDF file.